Patent information is the name given to the technical information you find in patent documents, plus any legal and business-related information about them.
Patent documents have a worldwide universal structure, so patent literature is a structured and exhaustive source of technical, legal and business information, freely accessible.
Patent information is vital to a broad range of professions, from technical developers and researchers to legal advisers and business strategy managers.
By looking at patent documents one can enrich own technical knowledge e give support and consistency to own decisions in Research and Development fields.
Successful and competitive companies are able to manage patent information and they can:
- Find out about existing technologies and foresee emerging technologies;
- Keep track of the activities of other companies;
- Find potential business partners;
- recognize at an early stage new developments and trends;
- Ultimately companies and enterprise can gain economic advantages.
For more information