SPARK-SPatial Augmented Reality as a Key for co-creativity
is a research project that aims at realizing a responsive and intuitive ICT platform that exploits the potential of Spatial Augmented Reality (SAR) to show designers and customers real-like solutions in the form of mixed prototypes (partially virtual and partially physical) during brainstorming sessions.
The SPARK platform allows designers and customers to freely work together within the paradigm of open-innovation so as to support and foster creative thinking with an enriched flow of ideas in the design process. The platform, by means of adequate content management and real-like interaction with the mixed prototype, will enhance the innovation capabilities of creative industries through the facilitation of brainstorming and the early assessment of design solutions in a Co-Design environment.
The Project was funded by the program H2020-EU.2.1.1. – INDUSTRIAL LEADERSHIP – Leadership in enabling and industrial technologies – Information and Communication Technologies (ICT), started 1 January 2016 and lasted 36 months.
Main work packages (WP) of the Project are:
- Characterization of users’ needs and expectations (WP1)
- Development of SPARK modules to select and validate the most suitable technologies and techniques to be embedded in the platform (WP2)
- Development of the SPARK platform (WP3)
- Test and validation in relevant environment (WP4)
- Validation and demonstrations in a real operational environment (WP5)
Further references and materials
Project website http://spark-project.net/