OIPEC – Open Innovation Platform for University-Enterprise Collaboration
is a capacity-building project, co-funded by the Erasmus+ Programme of the European Union, which aims at transferring the best European practices in university-enterprise collaborations to Russian and Chinese partners.
The project started in October 2015 and lasted 36 months.
The ultimate goals of the project are:
- the creation of a platform that supports partnerships between universities and enterprises by providing easy access to universities’ expertise for small and medium enterprises;
- the increase of the collaborative activities between universities and enterprises, with the aim of generating novel products/services or improving existing ones.
The platform consists of three main pillars:
- arranging a training course and an executive program to improve competences of enterprises’ staff in innovation management and new product/service development;
- establishing and managing the “Collaborative Open Innovation laboratories” (COILabs), integrated facilities at partner universities with the following functional areas:
Concept development area, centered on design thinking and raw prototyping
Rapid prototyping area, providing both design and operational skills
Entrepreneurial area, to support the development and validation of business concepts
sharing the expertise acquired among European, Russian and Chinese universities.
- Politecnico di Milano (Italy) (project coordinator)
- Grenoble Institute of Technology (Grenoble Inp) (France)
- Hebei University of Technology- HEBUT (China);
- Lappeenranta University of Technology-LUT (Finland)
- M.V. Lomonosov Moscow State University- MSU (Russia)
- Tianjin University (China)
- Vladimirskiy Gosudarstvenniy Universitet (Russia)